Photo by Koji
Photo by Koji
Photo by Koji
Photo by Koji
Photo by Koji
Why Odette?

While I was constructing Sailor Neptune, the color scheme seemed strikingly familiar, and when I realized it was Princess Odette that was striking a familiar color resemblance, I got to thinking.... why not do both at the same time?


That wouldn't be the first time I did two projects at once because of their similar color schemes! I did the same for Star Wars Jasmine and Red Esmeralda for ColossalCon 2014. I just get really into the colors, and it's so much easier to multitask since I don't have to constantly change thread colors if two projects are roughly the same fabrics and color schemes!

Anyways, aside from that, Odette is a long forgotten and underappreciated princess that I really wanted to pay homage to for a while. Plus those poofy sleeves looked WAY too fun to pattern, and I wasn't wrong! It was a blast to make this costume, and I still want to add more to it!


A LOT went into making this piece that is difficult to see from a distance or just from full body photos. I'll have to upload some detail shots in the near future so you can truly grasp the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail that went into this costume. Despite how simple in appearance Odette's dress looks, I spent a great deal of effort to make the dress appear, well... not simple!


White was also a tricky color for translating a cartoon ballgown into a real life costume. I feared it would either go one of two ways- it would look like a fantasy costume bridal gown (like a period festival), or if done too simple, would appear like a white sleeping gown. So I tried to incorporate a subtle but tasteful level of texture and bling! In the end, I'm supremely happy with the results, and it's one of my favorites, craftsmanship-wise!

Costume Stats

Started: January 2017

Completed: February 2017

Status: active

Wig by: Arda Wigs

Worn at: KatsuCon 2017, ShumatsuCon 2017,

MatsuriCon 2018

Awards: Judge's Choice- ShumatsuCon 2017,

Runner-Up Masters- MatsuriCon 2018