top of page
Photo by Kwanye Cosplay
Photo by Kwanye Cosplay
Photo by Kwanye Cosplay
Photo by Kwanye Cosplay
Photo by Kwanye Cosplay
Self Portrait
Self Portrait
Close-up of Arm Decal
Work in progress
Work in progress
Why Nessa?

As soon as Nessa was revealed, I fell in love with the design and had to start working on her at once! It has been a while since I felt so inspired and compelled, but I actually really enjoy my impulse projects the most. Plus, I had been eyeing a Cricut Maker for quite some time, so I thought Nessa would be the perfect project to test it out with!

I look forward to finishing this cosplay and debuting it soon at A-Kon 2019 where I'll be a featured cosplay guest! I hope you all look forward to it too! ;3

Costume Stats

Started: June 2019

Completed: June 2019

Status: currently undergoing updates

Wig by: Arda Wigs

Worn at: A-Kon 2019, TaiyouCon 2020

Awards: Best Masters Craftsmanship, TaiyouCon 2020

Related Cosplays
About This Costume

Full construction details, along with some YouTube tutorials will be coming as soon as I finish this project! Until then, here's what I have completed and taken construction notes on so far!

The shorts and top patterns were modified using some custom crop tee patterns and booty short patterns I had on hand. I sewed both pieces as whole items using scrap fabric, and then drew on my style lines where I wanted my color blocking to go. The back of the shorts was the hardest since I can't entirely see myself back there, hahaha. So the first iteration of the shorts came out a little wonky in the patterning, but I plan to remake them- especially since it's my first time using heat transfer vinyl, and I fudged that on the shorts too. It's okay though! If at first you don't succeed, try again!

For the shoe rings, I will be launching a downloadable pattern and a YouTube tutorial for how to create them! But the short version is I used four styrofoam floral rings, covered them in batting with hot glue, and affixed fabric over top of them. The fabric panels were sewn together and made using scraps of spandex. On the back side, I glued upholstery interfacing to seal the inside seam to make it look a bit cleaner and also more stable!

The shoes and wig are on their way. More information coming on those when they are completed. Info for the arm accessories and glove also coming soon! Stay tuned!

bottom of page